Saturday, August 18, 2012

Rediscovery of the Self


Who am I then? Tell me that first, and then, if I like being that person, I'll come up: if not, I'll stay down here till I'm somebody else.- Lewis Carroll, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland


Last month I was invited by my good friend Carlo Reyes of Vinyl on Vinyl gallery to a group show for the advance release of the book Power of Balance by Clint Mendoza. We were asked to interpret his book about life balance and this is what I came up with:

Rediscovery of the Self
18X24 in
Graphite and Digital media on Canvas

I'm a little hesitant to use paint because I haven't used it for so long
and most of my work is done in Photoshop, so I decided to just draw the line art
and main visual on paper, scan it and tweak it on Photoshop,
added some colors and then print it on canvas.


These are the work-in-progress:


I also did an updated version that sadly didn't make it to the printer on time, but here it is,


and the colored version.


The show was entitled Volition & Stability and it opened last night,
here is the event poster and pictures of the entries.























No comments:

Post a Comment